Once again, Rosetta Stone is playing a big part at 2014’s edition of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages annual convention and language expo. The convention runs from Friday, November 21st to Sunday, November 23rd in San Antonio, Texas.
With over 6,000 international attendees and over 250 exhibitors, ACTFL is one of the largest gatherings of language learning professionals in the world. This year’s theme is “Reaching Global Competence”, a topic that is central to the mission of Rosetta Stone.
Rosetta Stone’s presentations
Rosetta Stone is helping to bring that theme to life. Our booth, #7707, will be a hub of activity all weekend with presentations in our custom booth theater. Presentations in the booth include:
- Using Effective Technology: Building an Online Language Learning Course for Credit, presented by professionals from the Florida Virtual School
- Spanish for Medical Communication Redefined through Industry Collaboration, presented by our own Dr. LeeAnn Stone
- Meeting a Language Learning Co-requisite Requirement Through Technology, presented by Russell Gaskell and Matthew Dean from Humboldt State University
- What Language Skills Do Graduates Need to Meet Today’s Business Demands, presented by Andy Chaves from Marriott International
- Administration Tools for Teacher Demonstration, presented by our own Tim O’Hagen
These sessions will be offered on a rotating basis throughout the weekend both in the in-booth theater and in the Exhibit Hall’s workshop. There will also be demos and sessions highlighting the latest advancements and improvements in the Rosetta Stone family.
And, as if you needed any more reason to have fun over the ACTFL weekend, we’ll also be having a photo booth at our exhibit space. Awkward selfies will not be required at ACTFL!
Follow us using our social networks
The best way to keep track of all the exciting events that Rosetta Stone is producing is to follow us on Facebook, Rosetta Stone Education, and on Twitter, @rosettastoneed. Our hashtag will be #RSatACTFL and the convention’s main hashtag will be #ACTFL14.
We’re looking forward to share the love and importance of language learning with 6,000 educators from around the world, as well as demonstrating just how revolutionary Rosetta Stone can be in your school’s language learning practice.