Recently, Rosetta Stone HR Practice Lead and Senior Manager of Enterprise Marketing Sheerin Vesin and Senior Global HR Partner DeShaun Wise presented at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 2015 Annual Conference.
Part of the focus of their highly popular presentation was the Global Talent Toolkit, which provides tools that can help businesses take the next step in global growth. They now bring this presentation to you, in a Virtual Workshop: Tools for Global Talent Management.
In this enlightening presentation, Sheerin and DeShaun will lay out the case for global readiness in the workforce, including some startling and important survey results:
- Consumption in emerging markets is expected to top $30 trillion in ten years! Not surprisingly, 71% of business leaders plan to grow their companies in these markets where English is not the primary language.
- However, the American labor supply cannot currently support those efforts. Only 1 in 10 Americans speak a second language and 70% of the Global 1000 workforce are non-native English speakers.
- 90% of business line leaders report that their teams face language proficiency challenges. But, remarkably, only 33% of those leaders consult their HR departments in an effort to help meet this demand.
So we created the Global Talent Toolkit. These free tools help business line leaders work with HR departments in a systematic fashion to improve the language skills of their employees and position their organizations for global growth.
- The process begins with a company-wide survey. It helps document the language skills that currently exist within your organization.
- The talent map matches those accessible skills captured in the survey with the international growth plans of the business.
- Finally, a new take on an employee development plan that helps employees work toward making themselves—and the organization—more competitive in the global economy.
Once more, register for Sheerin and DeShaun’s informative Virtual Workshop: Tools for Global Talent Management and learn how to use the Global Talent Toolkit.