Many people have the perception that German is a difficult language to learn. But did you know that using German dog commands to train a pet is becoming an increasingly popular practice for both owners and trainers?
There are several valid reasons for this trend.
- The German language has very distinct tones and articulation. This makes German a popular choice as dogs will easily understand what you are saying to them, even if German is not your native language.
- Because common dog commands are used in everyday English, your dog may get confused when he hears those words in normal conversation. Using a command in a foreign language that you don’t frequently speak will alleviate that confusion.
- Some pet owners use a foreign language with a rescue or older dog as a way to start fresh with their training. That way there is no negative association with previous commands used and training will likely be more successful.
Learning a new language with your dog can be fun and a great bonding experience. Check out how the English command “sit” looks in German and a handful of other languages:
- German = sitz!
- Spanish = ¡siéntate!
- French = assis
- Italian = seduto
- Chinese (Mandarin) = 坐！Zuò!
- Portuguese (Brazil) = senta!
- Turkish = otur!
Learn Dog Commands With Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone uses a patented teaching methodology called Dynamic Immersion®. This method teaches you the German language, not just the words, and is effective in preparing you to use German in your everyday life. With over 25 years of experience developing trusted language learning programs to build confidence, we have proven success in getting new language learners confidently communicating in German.
Rosetta Stone’s lessons are easy to fit into your life, making learning convenient on your own time. Our bite-sized lessons are quick and easy and can be completed on your desktop or mobile device. Access via our award-winning mobile app is included in your subscription and progress in each lesson is always in sync no matter which device you use.
The importance of correct pronunciation cannot be understated. With our TruAccent™ speech-recognition engine, we instantly compare your voice to native speakers and provide you with real-time feedback. This feedback on your German pronunciation allows you to make the necessary corrections and tweak your accent. You’ll quickly see that TruAccent is among the most powerful tools for helping you learn and speak German.
Try Our Award-Winning App
Surround yourself with German whenever, wherever with the Rosetta Stone app.
Download a unit and knock it out on the train or a flight. Select a 5-10 minute lesson and sneak it in while you wait in line or for your ride to show up. And explore dynamic features, like Seek and Speak, where you can point at an object in the real world and get a translation.
The best part? You don’t have to choose between app or desktop. Both come with your subscription and sync, so you can switch between devices seamlessly.